An Opportunity to Invest in the Sustainable Future of Mull
We are offering the opportunity to directly support a
community development which will facilitate economic growth for our community.
Tobermory Light Industrial Park was first conceived when MICT was approached in 2007 by a local businessman who needed more storage for his business. He quickly gathered the details of 12 other individuals and
businesses who required more storage or dedicated small business premises.
MICT purchased the 0.8-hectare site near Tobermory in March 2016 and has secured funding for phase 1 development of the site. However, as demand for small business premises has increased, we are already progressing with phase 2 to provide a further four 60m2 business units at a cost of £180,000. We have exhausted grant funding sources for this type of development to progress phase 1. Before finalising loan finance from a
commercial lender, we would like to offer individuals and businesses the opportunity to make a long term investment in phase 2, thereby retaining the profit with those living on the island or with strong links to it. Of
course, we would also welcome philanthropic donations or offers of interest free loans.
With a minimum long term investment of £1000, you will be supporting a development which will:
• help retain young people on the island and reverse the ageing population
• increase business networking by clustering – leading to greater economic opportunities
• create local employment during the construction phase
• create new employment opportunities in a remote rural area
• create the opportunity for business start-up or expansion
• support the long-term sustainability of indigenous businesses
• enable bulk purchasing through provision of secure storage
• provide storage and leisure opportunities for community use
In return, you will receive a competitive interest rate for the duration of your investment and the knowledge that you are supporting a local social enterprise and charity to progress this development for the benefit of new and expanding Mull-based businesses and our communities.
Please get in touch to find out more:
Tel: 01680 812 918
Tel: 01680 812 905