Latest Vacancies : August 2019
VAN DRIVER - Bank cover
Reporting to: Island Castaways Charity Shop Manager
- Collecting donations from clothing banks
- Collecting plastic and can recycling from business customers and taking to Glengorm landfill and recycling site.
- Collecting donations of furniture, clothing and bric a brac from households and businesses.
- Delivery of furniture purchased from Island Castaways
- Display of furniture at gantry site furniture store and assist with furniture sales.
- Cleaning and routine van maintenance
- Collection of surplus recycling (cans and plastic bottles) from the recycling on the go stations.
- May be required to help in processing/ shop at castaways if time permits.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Reliable, honest and punctual.
- Good attention to detail.
- Flexible approach.
- Positive and friendly approach to customers, directors and colleagues.
- For insurance purposes must be over 25 years of age and hold a full driving licence.
- Ability to be flexible for days of work.
- The job involves lifting so will need to be fit for lifting.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary: £9.09 per hour paid monthly in arrears by BACs
Hours of Work: Initial 3 days training then as required to cover holiday and sickness cover. (presently covered by 2x 8 hours day one week followed by 1x8 hour day following week.)
Length of Contract: 12 months subject to review
Annual Leave: 4 weeks per year plus public holidays (pro-rata)
Nature of Work: Working times to be confirmed and will be reviewed on an on-going basis
Place of Work: An Roth Community Enterprise Centre, Craignure, Isle of Mull
CLOSING DATE Monday 2nd Sept.