This project started in April 2017 and finished in March 2018 - we will upload the end of project report here soon. Thank you to everyone who has volunteered their time over the last year, we would be very grateful if you could complete this survey https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/DZN2NDK to help us to understand the impact the project had on recycling on Mull and Iona.More MESS Less WASTE slideshow
Why should I recycle?
- Reduce landﬁll: space at Mull’s landﬁll site is running out.
- Save money: more recycling means less spent on landﬁll charges. More money for other services.
- Conserve resources: new products from old materials & conserves precious raw materials.
- Save energy: less energy used in recycling old products than making new products.
- Protect the environment: less raw materials processed means less pollution & habitat damage.
Did you know?
- Plastics, cans, glass, paper and card collected on Mull are all sent off for recycling into new products!
- Island Castaways (MESS) will collect (free of charge) household items in working/saleable order with proﬁts going to local groups!
- You can drop oﬀ batteries, spectacles, light bulbs, ink cartridges & mobile phones at the Bunessan & Craignure charity shops.
- All plastic food pots, trays, cartons (including Tetra paks) can now be recycled with your plastics.
- Glass should be placed directly into the glass bins not in plastic bags.
- For cans & plastics only the Council provided bags should be used– using diﬀerent bags contaminates the bin.
What, how & where can I recycle?
*Please note the Council will be replacing the red bags for cans/tins with a clear plastic bag in the near future. All households will have two clear plastic bags, one for plastics and one for cans/tins.What can I recyclev3