Why should I recycle?
- Reduce landﬁll: space at Mull’s landﬁll site is running out.
- Save money: more recycling means less spent on landﬁll charges. More money for other services.
- Conserve resources: new products from old materials & conserves precious raw materials.
- Save energy: less energy used in recycling old products than making new products.
- Protect the environment: less raw materials processed means less pollution & habitat damage.
Did you know?
- Plastics, cans, glass, paper and card collected on Mull are all sent off for recycling into new products!
- Island Castaways (MESS) will collect (free of charge) household items in working/saleable order with proﬁts going to local groups!
- You can drop oﬀ batteries, spectacles, light bulbs, ink cartridges & mobile phones at the Bunessan & Craignure charity shops.
- All plastic food pots, trays, cartons (including Tetra paks) can now be recycled with your plastics.
- Glass should be placed directly into the glass bins not in plastic bags.
- For cans & plastics only the Council provided bags should be used– using diﬀerent bags contaminates the bin.
What, how & where can I recycle?
*Please note the Council will be replacing the red bags for cans/tins with a clear plastic bag in the near future. All households will have two clear plastic bags, one for plastics and one for cans/tins.